Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HELLO NOVEMBER!

Whew.  I made it through October.  Not that I don't love October, because I simply adore it: the leaves, the break from the crazy North Carolina summer heat (!), the smells, everything.  It's just been a bit of a doozy of a month....class-wise.  Don't get me wrong.  I. love. these. kids.  They totally have my heart!  I am so crazy attached to these guys already.  BUT (and isn't there always one?)  they have been pushing my buttons a little much lately.  It all started with a field trip, followed by a long weekend, followed by my being absent and having a substitute.  Isn't that just a haunting combination?  Plus, I introduced "even and odd" and counting by twos last week, and it didn't go so well. 



On the plus side, we had a blast on our first field trip.  We went to Neuseway Nature Center and Planetarium.  These are my girls. :)  Doesn't this photo just drip personality? 

We also tried out some awesome new math tubs (thanks to Cara Carroll and Babbling Abby). 

Also, we had a great time learning about bats.  We read the nonfiction book BATS by Gail Gibbons, and we made a class list of interesting facts about bats.  Then we made our own bat, and each student got to choose 4 interesting facts they wanted to include.  This was our result:



Pretty dang cute, if I do say so myself.  Then we read the fiction book STELLALUNA by Janell Cannon.  This is so stinking cute.  We just loved it.  I definitely recommend it.   


Happy November!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment