Monday, October 3, 2011

Pizza Pages

So, yeah.....it's been a while, I know.  I've been super busy lately. In the classroom and out. What's up with that? 

But here in Room 165, we are hanging in there!  The beginning of school is always a huge review of foundational things they should already know. But now is the time when we take the next step, and I have to tell you, it usually scares the mess out of me.  I always find myself trying to compare my class to previous classes, but it never fails.  They are just different. What worked one year, just might not work at all the next.  And that's exactly what I'm going through. But it's all good. in the neighborhood. :)

PIZZA PAGES
I started doing a new thing I got from Teacher Tipster.  If you have never checked him out, do it.  He seriously cracks.me.up.  So, anyway, I got an empty unused pizza box from the nice folks at Pizza Hut.  I printed tons of extra worksheets and told my students that when they finish their work and are all !BORED!, they can complete a "pizza page" worksheet, slap a big P on the front of it with their highlighters, and place it in the pizza box.  At the end of the month, I will randomly pick a pizza page from the box, and if the worksheet is completed and correct, that person will receive something special.  (Not sure what yet....Maybe sitting with a friend at lunch, or switching desks with someone, or doing their whole day's work in a colored pencil. It's the simple things really....) Let me tell you guys (or more specifically--Laura, my one follower!), they are ALL.OVER.IT!  And I certainly have no complaints because they are actually doing more work...shhhh, don't tell them that.

Later, 
Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment