Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hockey, Money, and Cookies......Sounds like a good combo!

Happy New Year!  So I'm a little late......forgive me.  I've had a lot going on...haven't we all?  My hubby and I went to a hockey game the other day--only the second one I've ever watched.  It was so much fun!!  I totally recommend it!  Go Canes!! :)

a nice shot of my husband with his eyes closed. Ha!

On another note, my first graders are doing better than ever!  I am so proud of their progress!  It's that time of year when we are on to harder topics and more work, and they are just relishing it (most of them)!  I am so glad!  We are working hard on money, and that is SUCH a doozy for first graders.  It's all good til we start combining.... So, it has been practice, practice, practice for us.  We use this little rhyme to remember who's on what:
Lincoln penny, Roosevelt dime, Jefferson nickle, One more time!   I know I certainly need a refresher once in a while-LOL!  Does anyone else use this? 

On the fun side, we made some adorable cookies and wrote about our favorite kinds of cookies.  I am pretty sure I got this idea from Teacher Wife .  Love it! They made a darling bulletin board.


These are so cute, right??




 And, of course you know we had to make snowflakes--Even though it's been a nice 60 degrees here for the past few days.  LOL!  Next up is making our hot chocolate mugs.  I can't wait for this one! :)
On the personal front, my husband and I began Nutrisystem last Tuesday......I am bound and determined to finally do this once and for all.  *sigh* It's been a long week.  Haha!  The first few days I was pretty sure I was starving, but at this point, I think I am used to it!  I'm already seeing a loss!  Woo hoo!! 


So, what were your New Year's Resolutions, and how are they coming along?? 

2 comments:

  1. Love the bulletin board! I'm your newest follower! Come check out my blog!


    Kim
    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I followed you right back! :)

    ReplyDelete